Thursday, April 04, 2019

FIRST THURSDAY

Granddaughter Hailey (10, soon to be 11 in a few weeks) is staying with us for a few days during her spring break from school.

I cut the fabrics and she sewed them together to make this cute pillowcase.  This is the first time she used a sewing machine.  Good job!


I wanted something simple to work on so I pulled out the neglected Alphabet quilt blocks.  I see I had left a note that I was waiting for Kona Coral color to show up last year to use on the J block.  So, I got that out and made these blocks.


This being the first Thursday of the Month, we took Hailey downtown to the Art Walk.  First, was dinner at the Cuban restaurant, Cafe Con Leche on First Ave S.

Hailey has never been to an art walk.  I think she enjoyed it.  There was some very interesting art and people to see.  The building that used to house Elliott Bay Books was having a big party for First Thursday with art and performance art and just odd people walking about.



Hailey took advantage of an exhibit that let people take their pictures using various props.


We saw some interesting art.  I didn't think about taking pictures until late in the walk.

The glass circles on the sidewalk





No comments:

Post a Comment