Saturday, April 13, 2019

SATURDAY IN SANTA FE

I'm on my own all day Saturday, then.

I went to Abiquiu to see Georgia O'Keeffe's home.  It was great.  I really enjoyed it.

We woke up to a bit of a snow and it continued to come down a little.  I headed out anyway, hoping it would not last.  

First stop, Starbucks for extra caffeine (not much sleep last night).

Headed north to Abiquiu

And it did start to clear up.



I checked into the Welcome Center where I waited for our bus to the house.

The view from her house.

A small group of 12 and our tour guide.

The tour was great, but we couldn't take pictures of the inside.










I can understand her fascination - the light and shadows and colors, oh my.


















The door she painted so often.



















She's holding a picture of Georgia's gesture painting of the road in the background.

The painting of the trees down below.








After the tour around noon, I headed back towards Santa Fe.

I made a stop at the Audubon Center and went for a little walk.





 I heard the Wild Turkeys, but I didn't actually see them.  I saw Juncos with rufous backs, I guess they are Dark-eyed Juncos but just differently colored than the ones I see at home.  I also saw Whited Breasted Nuthatches, Mountain Chickadees, Pine Siskens, small Spotted Towhees, and a Ruby-crested Kinglet.  Lots of House Finches singing up a storm.  Oh, and Ravens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment