Friday, April 23, 2021

SALSA CENTER

 The Seattle Modern Quilt Guild is doing a medallion type quilt for this year's Block of the Month.  The first few months we made borders, February was lines of your choice - I thought I'd use the adding machine tape strips made of scraps from Seasons.

March was about making triangles in any fashion you choose. I first made some triangles from scraps, but I didn't like them - they were too big next to the small borders of 'lines' and the colors were wrong. So, I got out some multi-colored hand dyed by Judy Robertson from 2001 and made some spikey triangles. 

This month is about making the center block.  The center block of a medallion quilt is usually something special.  I thought I'd make a Celtic Knot type block.   I cut up some more 20 year old Judy Robertson hand-dyed that I've been hoarding and used some light blue-ish solids for the background. 

I'm not too sure I like it.  I haven't sewed it down yet, it's just pinned and it doesn't really look like what I had in mind.  Maybe I'll let it stew for a while before I commit to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment