Monday, December 27, 2021

DYEING FABRICS FOR GREENS

 I want some greens for the background of the big flower, Amity Baroque.  So, I'm dyeing some greens.  

I tore up some Primatex PFD into fat quarters, prepared some dyes - mostly yellows and blues - Golden Yellow, Lemon Yellow, Cobalt and Turquoise to be specific.

I dyed some yesterday that didn't look like what I wanted, so I'm trying again.  I'm going to try first putting down the red (and yellow as an after thought) and then using wax as a resist, make little dots in the red and over-dyeing the green.

The problems started when I tried dropping tiny little drops of the red/purple dye onto the fabric that was damp with soda ash and it spread way farther than I had thought.  Oh well.

I kind of like the way it looks.









No comments:

Post a Comment