Thursday, December 02, 2021

LOSS AND GAIN

 With the loss of our sister, Sue, we (Mom, Julie, Leslie and me) made arrangements for her and then went to her apartment to sort things - a very painful difficult task.

She wanted me to take care of her quilts and sewing things, including a nice Bernina 1090.

I brought a bunch of her stuff home yesterday, and sorted through the quilts, took pictures, measured and labeled the new bags their are in.

"Trip Around the World"   54" x 54"

detail of 'Trip'

back of 'Trip'

61" x 61" , quilted with heart motif

back

Wallhanging

"Tree of Life" 74" x 71" has some fading

Watercolor Flowers 50" x 69"

"Saturday Challenge" made by me, Terry, and gifted to Sue 1997
  has some holes on the front.

back of 'Saturday Challenge'


Wallhanging 33" X 33"

made by me, Terry, circa 1985, hand quilted, holes on front.

I think I made this, it still needs binding, 65" x 65"

"50th Anniversary" quilt for George and Martha Visk 1995.  95" x 95"

Log Cabin 95" x 95"


Wallhanging  36" x 36"

Christmas Tablerunner 17" x 60"

There is also several quilt tops that need quilting.  I will do this once my new Bernina Q24 arrives.




An afghan made by Grandma Anne 38" x 57", needs a little repair.

Get going home before the rains come!

This was what the pickup looked like yesterday with everything loaded up and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment