Monday, April 10, 2023

LOTS OF DOINGS

 I finished my Not Joe project this morning.  Then I removed the paper that was covering the other 'Gift' blocks hanging on the design wall to see how the new one went with them.  It works with them really well!


Then, I put the zippers onto the backing I made for Nebula and loaded it onto the longarm.  I put the batting on the machine, too.  Then I thought it might be a good idea to measure the top.  And lo, I discovered that it was 97" by 96".  Good grief.  That means the backing and the batting are too small.  I was so frustrated.  Luckily, the Monday Sewcial group was able to talk me down and I eventually got over it.  I need to make the backing bigger and buy a bigger batting.  No big deal.  Phfft.

Then I made the next month's part of the SeaMQGBOM2023 and added it to last month's.  It still needs a small border around it.  I'll get to that tomorrow.


Then I went onto Amazon and ordered a king-size Dream Cotton Request batting.  It won't be here for 10-14 days.  That will give me lots of time to make the back bigger.  I could even quilt something else in the meantime.  Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment