Monday, July 10, 2023

TO WHIDBEY ISLAND

 Got up and hit the road early.  I got to Mukilteo in time to catch the 7am ferry to Whidbey Island. 

 It's another half hour drive to Coupeville once on the island.  It is so beautiful here!  I was a little early, so I drove around a bit before going to the Pacific NW Art School where our workshop with Irene Roderick will be.  


First thing, we set up our machines and work walls and greeted old friends.




Irene and her Voltron! quilt

First thing, is to sort fabrics by value

We got to work right away making strip sets.  Here's what I had by the end of the day.


After class, I went to the Coupeville Inn and checked into my room.  Then I walked down to the main street to find somewhere to have dinner.  I went into the Front Street Grill and had a salad.  I had plenty of time to sketch before it arrived.  Good salad.




No comments:

Post a Comment