Saturday, August 24, 2024

LOADED PEGASUS/BARS ON LONGARM

I loaded the Pegasus/Bars quilt onto the longarm even though I'm going to tie it.  I figured it would be easier to do that there instead of on a table or the floor.  (I'm too old to get down on the floor anymore).

So this is an all wool top, wool batting and a cotton backing.  I'm going to use Wonderfil Eleganza Perle cotton #8 thread, doubled, to tie it.  I made a little template to try to keep the stitching even and straight.  After sewing a few rows by hand I began to think I'm spacing the lines too close!  This is going to take a while.




It looks like I won't have enough of that color, so I'm going to use several different colors.  And, my hand is tired.

P.S. This Pegasus/Bars quilt is my take on the quilt shown in Roderick Kiracofe's book Unconventional and Unexpected: Quilts Below the Radar.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment