Sunday, August 18, 2024

STILL IN LACONNER

 I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Burlington - a few miles from LaConner.  It was a nice room, quiet and a comfy bed - great shower!

In the morning I went downstairs and took advantage of the inclusive breakfast.  It was not good.  There's mostly gluten and sugary things to choose from.  The only fruit were bananas.  I got some scrambled eggs and a couple of dried up sausages.  Oh, well.

While I was 'enjoying' my breakfast I sketched some of the other folks having breakfast.


Since it was still too early to go to the workshop, I went into LaConner and sketched this cute little building, the Ice Cream Tower.


Then it was back to work making gelli prints in the workshop.  After lunch, about 2:30 I ran out of steam.  It's been a great weekend.  I've learned a lot and made some great prints.

I headed out around 4pm and drove right into traffic - it took about 2 hours to go the 54 miles to home.  But, it's nice to be back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment