Friday, September 07, 2018

BACK AT IT

The last couple of days I haven't spent much time working in the studio.  Too much other stuff to take care of.  But, today after an extra long morning walk in Lincoln Park, I felt I could spend the rest of the day catching up on my sewing.

The last several weeks on my walks I could hear what sounded, at first, to me like hammering coming from the beach.  When I was down there last week, I saw what it was.  There was a man and a boy (father and son?) carving on one of the driftwood logs on the beach.  I haven't heard them this week, since, I assume, school has started.  So, I was curious about what I'd see of their work.

It's beautiful, and it looks to be completed.  It's a fish carved in a Salish Nation style.  I love it.




When I got back, I got started on catching up on my Moda Block Heads 2.  Here is this week's block:



  1. Then I finished up putting together the 'I' block - I had already made the triangle squares.  It went together fairly quickly.



  2. So, I made another one.  I skipped the 'J' because I want to use a color I don't currently have. 


    Then it was on to 'Tape Measure' - another kit I bought that is exactly like Mortar and Putty, but in different fabrics.  I already had it all cut out, so it was on to sewing the blocks.




    After that I still had a little time, so I ironed and cut up some of the fabric for another kit I bought.  I didn't take photos.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment