Monday, September 24, 2018

MAKING DAY

Today was a day for making things.

It started with a morning walk, of course.  But, we hurried home to get started on processing our tomatoes to make some ketchup.  Usually Darrell helps with this, by turning the crank on the food mill.  Since he was going to be out of town this week, we invested in an attachment for my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer that could do the job for me.  It worked great!




I've got the tomato sauce in the slow-cooker making ketchup.

I ran into a little problem when I realized that we didn't have any hot water.  You can't can tomato sauce without hot water.  I need hot water!  Here's another thing Darrell usually does.  Our water heater's pilot light tends to go out occasionally and he goes down and fixes it.  I didn't want to have anything to do with that, so I called a repair man.  He got here about 4:15pm and was done by 4:20pm and only charged me $115.29 to reconnect a wire that had somehow come loose.  I want to say it is almost worth it.  I can't live without hot water for very long.  I appreciate that they came out on the day I called.

Anyway, after I got half the tomatoes processed, I went up to the studio to work on Modern Fans.  


I got all of the rows sewed together into rows of twos.  It's coming out great.  I love it.  I've begun to think about how to quilt it.  






No comments:

Post a Comment