Sunday, September 02, 2018

LABOR DAY

It's Labor Day tomorrow, but I was busy, busy, busy today!

After a really nice early morning long walk at Lincoln Park, I loaded the Mortar and Putty quilt onto the machine.

I started an allover panto called "Abracadabra" right before lunch.

I'm not sure about what I'm doing, so I was afraid to turn everything off for fear I'd lose my place.  I stayed out in the studio until about 5:30 so I could get it done today.  



While Eduard was working, I was occupying my time working on the Letters quilt blocks.

The scissors I've been using for the last almost 20 years at the sewing machine for clipping threads and stuff have been in need of sharpening for a while now.  I've gone round and round about that, since they have a beautiful dull gold finish and I was worried that sharpening might wear that away.  But having not sharp scissors can be very annoying.

I've had another pair of beautiful Dovo scissors in a box that I've never used.  I finally realized that if I don't use them - what's the point!  I don't know what I'm saving them for, so I pulled them out and put my gold scissors away.

These have beautiful blued blades and Victorian style handles - and they are very sharp!


Shown here on the #frankenbatting I made for Mortar and Putty, adding a strip to the side to make it wide enough.

I got one and a half blocks done on Letters.



I got the hard part done  - all of the Half-Square-Triangle squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment