Friday, June 05, 2020

60/100

Wow, 60 days of working on my #100dayproject2020!  

I'm enjoying seeing my Covid-19 on the design wall, it gives me an idea of what I need and where to go from here.  

I got 7 more blocks made, all on the reddish scale.




But, before I did all that, we decided to go ahead and seal the deck this morning.  It's supposed to start raining Saturday afternoon, and not stop for a week or so.  So, it was either wait the rains out or do it this morning.  We just want to get the deck done, so we went for it.  I was fine with the color the deck is now, Darrell wanted it to get a bit darker (the sun will make it darker).  Once we seal it with the UV protectant, that process will slow down.  Putting the sealer on it, darkened it up quite a bit, so I think he ended up okay with the way it looks.  I think it's great!

First, he trimmed all of the posts to height.

Mixing up the sealer.

He painted the sides of the boards and I rolled it onto the surface.

We locked the dog door with the dogs and cats inside.  They were confused and not happy.



After it set up a bit, then he wiped it down. 
It's beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment