Friday, May 07, 2021

ART DATE 5

 It's Friday.  I missed my Art Date yesterday, so I made up for it today.

But first I made some cookies and a really ugly Rhubarb Custard Pie.  I bought some frozen gluten-free pie crusts to use.  I thawed them, then tried to use the second crust as a top.  It didn't want to come free of the tin.  I had to coax it and in the process it broke apart and made an ugly mess.  And I overfilled the custard so it had to ooze out, too.

My Mom used to make me a Rhubarb Custard Pie for my birthday every year.  Now that we don't live too close together I make one for myself occasionally.  I saw the rhubarb at the grocery store the other day and thought it was a sign because my birthday is coming up soon.


In the afternoon, I went out to sketch.  I'd thought about this place the other day.  This house, which was probably built around 1905-1915, is on my way to the dog park.  I never noticed it because it was hidden behind overgrown bushes.  One day it just suddenly appeared when someone had cut them all away.  I love houses like this.  It's a shame it has been so neglected.  It appears that it's slated for demolition.  The two houses to the left of it have chain-link fences around them with signage - a sure sign of coming destruction.  

I thought I had better sketch this one before it's gone.





No comments:

Post a Comment