Saturday, May 22, 2021

TRANSPARENCY AND CURVES

 I took a zoom workshop from Carolina Oneto today called Transparency and Curves.  It was about transparency and curves.

She had a great presentation about the 'Chromatic Circle' and how she achieves 'transparency' effects in her quilt making.  I gleaned a few pearls from her.

I was already familiar with the technique she uses for sewing the intersecting curves together and I sort of jumped ahead and made a more difficult block then she was teaching.  [I was the rebel student].

I'm using the palette of colors for my 'Gifts' quilt - that added a degree of difficulty also.

Here is what I had finished by the end of the workshop.


Nicole took Darrell and I out to lunch for my birthday at Smarty Pants Garage restaurant in Burien.  We had a great time.  We haven't eaten in a restaurant in a loooong time.  We had to sit outside and it was a little chilly, but we really enjoyed it and the food was terrific.

When we got home I did a little more work on my project:



No comments:

Post a Comment