Thursday, May 06, 2021

WASTED THURSDAY

 The day started out very sucky.  I made my regular breakfast - a smoothie - with a NutriBullet type blender.   It's the kind where you put the ingredients into a big cup then screw the blender part on the top, flip it over and put it on the motor part which engages the blender blade and mixes up the ingredients.  So far so good, then I couldn't unscrew the top and the husband is out of town.  I tried and tried and tried and tried to unscrew it, but it wouldn't budge.  I soaked it in warm water to no avail.  I thumped it, I cursed at it and tried a few other things.  But it wouldn't budge.  


So, I put it in the refrigerator and went out to get a breakfast sandwich and chai tea at The Birdhouse Cafe.  I noticed this very interesting sky while waiting - 


Then I had to wait around for the shipping company to come and pick up a small table that the husband sold.

So, that disrupted my plans to go on my Art Date with myself, so I was upstairs.  I cleaned, oiled and changed the needle on my Bernina.  Then I got to work mending his work jeans.



That was fun.  I used a glue stick instead of the usual pins to hold the patch in place while I sewed it down on the inside.  That worked a whole lot better and I didn't get stuck with those sharp pins, which always seemed to happen.  Glue sticks have been a great new tool for quiltmakers.  I wish we'd discovered them years and years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment