Thursday, April 21, 2022

AMITY B QUILTED!

 Despite all the heartaches and stress, I've managed to finish quilting on Amity Baroque and get it off the machine today.

I reached the conclusion that I won't be showing it.  I'm a little heartbroken.  Putting it into a show and having it be appreciated would have gone a long way to justify all of the hard work I've put into it. But, there are problems that cropped up, mainly the hole I inadvertently snipped in it when cutting threads.  I might have been able to live with that, but I also discovered a place where one of the loosely woven plaids was pulling apart from the seam.  It looks too bad to be hanging in public and being inspected.  It's not my best work.


But, I do love this quilt and appreciate it for what it is and how it got there.  I will find it a place of honor to live.

Here are the threads I used on it:





No comments:

Post a Comment