Saturday, February 25, 2023

DAY 3 OF QUILTCON2023

 Saturday!  I had a 9am class with David Owen Hastings, "Composing Modern Quilts from Architecture".  I was late because I got lost.  I walked right by the workshop and went way too far in the wrong direction, then had to backtrack.  

David is a good teacher.  He introduced us to the SnapSeed App he uses to manipulate photos.  Then he uses the photos as a jumping off point for quilt designs.

A very interesting class.  I left with lots of ideas bouncing around.


We cut up the images he provided and rearranged them into pleasing composition.






The keynote speaker was Chawne Kimber.  We all rushed after our workshops to the Lecture Hall, which was back over in the hotel.  When I got there the few seats left were in the back row.  But it was a good seat.  There were two big screens next to the stage.

Chawne's speech was excellent.  That's all I'll say.


Afterwards, Ethylene, Sandy and I went out to dinner at Meehan's, an Irish restaurant right down the street from the hotel.  Ethylene and I had Reuben sandwiches.  I gotta say, it was one of the best Reubens I've ever had.  


Then we walked down a few doors to a bar where the LAMQG was hosting a get-together.  Pizza and other appetizers provided, buy your own drinks.  A great time was had by all.




No comments:

Post a Comment