Sunday, February 12, 2023

DAY TWO OF WORKSHOP

 It's day two of Sherri Lynn Wood's workshop Stack-n-Cut Curves Workshop.  Irene Roderick was able to make it and showed us a great slide show of her progression of her quilt-making.  It was fantastic and informative.

Afterwards, I continued working on my project.  I wanted to make the wedges I made yesterday longer.

I wanted to extend them with solid chunks of fabric with skinny strips going through them.   This was my opportunity to use the very bright and vibrant African fabric in clover-green and orange.  Zing!

But, using it in such small strips worked very well.


I thought I might use this other African fabric in the corner, but I wasn't loving it.  So, I got out some fabrics to make more wedges to put above the bland ones.  However, I ran out of steam before I got them sewed together.  Plus I was having difficulties because I used some prints again and some of the fabrics ended upside down, which frustrated me.  I wasn't sure how to proceed, so I gave it up for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment